Creating and Editing Skillets¶
In Panhandler 4.0, you now have the ability to generate Skillets dynamically. This feature works by generating the difference between two saved configurations. These configurations can the candidate, running, baseline, or any saved configuration. The currently supported options for skillet generation are:
- Skillet from a running PAN-OS or Panorama instance using saved configurations or the running configuration
- Skillet from two exported configurations
- Set commands from a running PAN-OS or Panorama instance using saved configurations or the running configuration
- Set commands from two exported configurations
- Full Configuration template from a saved configuration
The Skillet Editor allows you to copy, edit, create, and delete Skillets in a local branch of a repository. The Editor allows GUI based editing of all aspects of a Skillet including editing and ordering snippets, dynamically detecting variables, creating and ordering variables, and updating the metadata.
The Skillet Editor currently supports the following skillet types:
For more information, see the Skillet Builder documentation.